Boron is one of the chemical elements. Its symbol is B and its atomic number is 5.
Boron is not just any other ordinary chemical element but actually, it has various benefits to offer. It has the ability to play a role in the development of strong bones as well as muscles.
To learn the better facts about Boron, keep on reading the article, fasten your seatbelts, and be ready to improve your knowledge about this amazing element.
Top Health Benefits of Boron
- Prevention of cancer
Boron can actually prevent DNA damage that may lead to cancer.
In some recent studies, Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT) has been discovered quite helpful for killing the cancer cells without damaging any healthy cells that are present in the surroundings.
Moreover, Boron happens to affect the steroid hormone levels in the humans and that is why it can play a key role in modifying prostate cancer risk.
As per another research, better intake of this element can reduce the risk of certain types of cancers.
- Better concentration and function of the brain
There are clinical studies that confirm that the lower levels of boron can actually be harmful to a healthy brain functioning.
This element even is famous as a nutrient for brain and it is because of all the right reasons.
Deficiency of this substance can lead to lazy brain functioning, issues in task completion, problems in retaining information properly.
Additionally, when you happen to have the right levels of it, it will become helpful in improved motor control, short-term memory, elevated task performance.
- Better bones
One of the most prominent and appreciable abilities of this element is its potential to shield loss of bone through helping out calcium content.
Boron plays a vital role in regulating estrogen.
Hence, it happens to protect bones.
Moreover, there is clinical evidence available about Boron helping the body in generating and utilizing Vitamin D in a better way.
Note: Vitamin D is essential for healthy bone development.
- Combat diabetes
Another noticeable quality of this element, it can elevate the physiological effects that are linked to diabetes, and that includes alternation in blood sugar levels and the concentration of triglyceride.
Furthermore, it seems that this element is able to aid the metabolic process of carbohydrates and the formation of insulin through pancreas that comes handy in regulating the levels of glucose in the blood.
Therefore, there is a high probability that in future, we may witness boron uses including treatment of diabetes.
- Hormonal balance
In several animal studies, it has been found that deficiency of Boron can lead to issues that are relevant to fertility and birth.
Thus, this point indicates that this chemical substance has the potential to play a vital role in healthy reproduction process and in the development of the fetus.
Additionally, this is highly cardinal for maintaining the right levels of sex hormones in both genders.
Hormones like testosterone and estrogen are the examples of it.
- Encourage healthy muscle ratio
When Boron levels are right, the human body tends to absorb certain minerals and vitamins in a much better way.
Thus, this better absorption also has positive effects on muscle building.
It also prevents the feeling of pain by simply mending muscle tissue tears after the workout sessions.
Moreover, due to better testosterone levels, it is likely to facilitate better gains and enhanced energy levels.
Even there are some studies suggest it is helpful for better performance of athletes because of its ability to speed up the thinking process, promote better hand-eye coordination and better reflexes.
Therefore, it is one of the most common reasons that it is a part of most of the protein powders.
Boron Side Effects
Most of the things in the right amount are safe, but they become dangerous when the excess amount is involved.
The same thing is true in the case of Boron.
Its usage is safe for the human but it may become harmful when the dose enters the abnormal zone.
- The excess dose of this element is likely to be responsible for skin rashes, diarrhea, nausea, pain in the abdominal area, vomiting, headache, and poisoning.
- This element most probably improves testosterone and estrogen levels but it is likely to diminish insulin, phosphorus, or calcitonin in the blood.
- The human body tends to expel Boron at a fast rate. Thus, it never stays in the body in the large amounts. However, it will have the potential to be harmful, if it stays.
- Boric acid powder has been a cause of numerous infant causalities when it is used as the preventive measure for diaper rash.
- There are numerous sexual issues that an individual has to face in case of excess boron ingestion.
Boron has the tendency to interact with other medicines (herbal or non-herbal).
Therefore, it is suggestible to consume it in the right medical supervision.
- If you are suffering from any condition that can get worse due to the excess estrogen exposure, it will be suggestible to avoid Boron as it has the tendency to act like estrogen.
- If you are facing any kidney disease or kidney related problems, do not opt for Boron as the body will need to put the extra burden on the kidneys to flush this element out.
What Are The Symptoms Of Boron Deficiency?
The symptoms of Boron deficiency still needs some research work done but here are a few of the discovered symptoms.
- Unusual metabolism of magnesium and calcium
- Insufficient amounts of this key nutrient can lead to the condition of Hyperthyroidism
- Inappropriate levels of steroid hormones, such as estrogen or testosterone, are likely to be a symptom of decline ratio of this nutrient.
- Excess loss of magnesium or Calcium from the bone mass, osteoporosis, and arthritis can come as examples.
- Poor functionality of the brain and psychological issues
What Are The Good Sources Of Boron?
Boron is already present in many food items, like nuts; avocados; fruits (grapes, berries, and plums); beans and whole grains.
The most shocking thing is that it is even present in water but to a limited extent.
However, we take a major portion of this element through our diet.
Moreover, it is also possible to get it through supplementation.