Written by Lisa Allen | Edited by Dr Mark Kapnoudhis
When you experience camping but no period, it could be signs of hormonal imbalance, pregnancy or ovulation disorder.
The first thing you need to is to get tested for pregnancy. Today you have many ready-made tools which let you test by yourself.
If you wish to get a concrete confirmation, you can get your urine and blood tested from a nearby laboratory. If pregnancy is negative, you can think of treatment for other probable causes. It is better to get yourself diagnosed by your gynecologist before taking any decision on the treatment.
Cramping But No Period – Causes And Treatments
The growth of cysts can prevent the normal menstrual cycle from happening. In many cases the size of the cysts are too small. They get dissolved after some time. Then you might resume having your periods normally. In other cases the size of the cyst could be macroscopic in nature. Such cysts are hard to get dissolved and they need proper treatment to get eliminated.
- Treatment: A break in the cyst can cause cramps in the lower abdomen region. However, the probability of a period will be very less. If you happen to experience such pain, you need to consult with your gynecologist and opt for the right treatment. She might advise you on some pills and medicines to heal the abdomen pain. Then she gives you a medication for breaking down the cyst into micro size molecules. This will eventually eliminate the cysts and free your next periods.
- Home Remedy: Papaya is one ingredient which can help in the dissolving of cysts. This is due to the antioxidant property and the heat generated by the fruit in the abdominal region. Drinking papaya juice can help you regain your periods quickly without any side effects.
Pelvic Floor Disorder
Weakening of the pelvic muscles might make them apply pressure on the vaginal area. The result is again cramping with no period.
- Treatment: Consult your doctor to get the medication for strengthening the muscles in the pelvic region. The treatment may last for 4 top 5 days after which you will be able to have your periods. But taking the treatment alone will not solve your problem. This is due to the probability of recurrence in the future. So, you need to find a long lasting solution. For this your gynecologist might advise changes in your diet. Follow the instructions clearly and you will get rid of the problem within a few weeks.
- Home Remedy: Fill the bath tub with lightly hot water and take a dip. Relax for 30 minutes. This will help in relaxing the muscles in the pelvic floor to considerable extent.
Physical and emotional stress can cause cramps with no periods. This could happen just a few days before the start of menstruation or earlier. The stress on the abdominal region can prevent the menstruation from happening on time.
- Treatment: Consult your doctor to give you the proper medication for reducing physical and mental stress. Make sure you don’t end up getting any of the anti-depressant drugs which can have negative side effects. In most cases she will prescribe a stress reliever within the pelvic and the abdomen regions. Your problem could get solved within 2 or 3 days of time.
- Home Remedy: Get a complete body massage with olive oil + coconut oil. Wait for 15 to 20 minutes before getting into the hot tub. This will completely relax all the muscles and tissues within the pelvic and the abdomen region.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
This is a typical syndrome that can result in bloating and camping of the bowel and the abdomen regions. The stress from the muscles can block the ovary tracts and prevent the regular menstrual cycles.
- Treatment: The doctor treats you for relieving the IBS. Antibiotic for elimination of the toxic elements in the bowel is followed by the therapeutic treatments to strengthen the muscles in the pelvic floor. This will help in solving your problem within a few days.
- Home Remedy: Peppermint oil can be highly useful in setting right the IBS problem. They are available in the form of capsules. You need to consume it twice a day for 3 to 4 days. At the same time you can opt for neem oil capsules to eliminate the accumulated bacteria within the bowels. This will help in solving the problem in an effective manner.
- Infections: Urinary infections can have their impact on the process of menstrual cycles. You might experience severe cramp in the lower abdomen region just before the expected periods. The infection can also cause severe fatigue in your body. Use of antibiotics to cure the infection can work effectively. Home treatment includes Aloe vera juice + neem oil + ginger + garlic. You need to mix them in the ratio of 1:1: 1:1 and add to one glass of water. Consume the water early in the morning. You can also add one pinch of turmeric powder to get added antioxidant effects. After 4 to 5 days the infections in the urinary tracts get cured.
- Interstitial Cystitis: This is the condition of the bladder which can cause severe pain in the pelvic area. It is possible to cure this syndrome with the help of antibiotics. Home remedy is based on the combination of Aloe Vera and the Chinese Ginseng. You need to mix one spoon of the ginseng with two spoons of Aloe Vera liquid. Add one spoon of honey and consume it early in the morning. You will certainly get relief from the cystitis condition within a span of 3 to 4 days. You need to be persistent and patient in determining the exact cause for the camps with no periods. Complete diagnosis can help the doctors to determine the exact course of treatment. You can get assured solutions with no side effects.