Written by Lisa Allen | Edited by Dr Mark Kapnoudhis
Headache is a common phenomenon due to stress levels increase. The pain in left temple of head often results in nausea and giddiness. This can last for a few minutes before your condition returns to normalcy.
In other instances the headache can prolong for hours. Then you need to take the proper medicines and treatment to heal it. Some of the common causes could be migraine, stomach disorder, cluster headache, sinusitis, dental infection, cold etc.
Once the underlying cause is cured, the pain will go way. Complicated forms of pain could be paroxysmal hemicranias, arteritis or probable tumor. In the initial stages you can opt for antibiotics or home remedy to heal the pain.
If the pain doesn’t go away after 1 or2 days, you need to consult your doctor and get diagnosed. He will be able to suggest the right kind of medicine, treatment or therapy.
Pain in Left Temple of Head – Common Conditions
At rimes the left temple ache can become severe in nature. The home remedies you opt for may not give you long lasting solution. Hence the pain tends to recur frequently. In such cases you need to get yourself diagnosed for the probable disease or disorder.
It is important for you get the medical help in time to overcome further complications. Your doctor can perform a comprehensive diagnosis and find out eh exact cause. In some of the instances your left temple pain could be caused by common ailments which can be cured at home. Some of them are listed here.
- Causes: Work and peer pressure can cause tension in your daily schedule. Meeting deadlines, coping with schedules and having to work out your financial problems can also cause tension. This is a common cause when your body and mind are in conflict with each other.
- Symptoms: Frequent headache in the left temple is a common symptom. Irritability, restlessness and feeling of nausea are common.
- Treatment: Hot or cold pack can help in relieving the tension symptoms. Headache balm can help in reducing the ache to some extent. OTC medicines can help in healing to considerable extent. Add one spoon of mint leaves, one spoon of honey and one spoon of garlic to one cup of hot water. Let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Filter the water and drink it. This can provide immediate relief to the tension headache. Add two spoons of eucalyptus oil to one bowl of hot water. Inhale the fumes for 30 to 40 seconds. Repeat the procedure 2to 3 times after braking for 5 minutes. This will help in reducing the intensity of pain in the left temple considerably.
- Prevention: Avoid tension in your work and home. Working according to a fixed schedule and frequent resting can put your body and mind in perfect coordination with each other. Drink plenty of water.
- Causes: The exact causes of migraine are still unknown. Blood vessel impairment, lack of nutrition, excessive smoking and constant stress could be some of the probable causes.
- Symptoms: Migraine is a severe form of headache which can cause pain in the left temple. This is normally accompanied by digestion problems; liver disorder and impaired vision are some of the common symptoms for migraine. You may also feel nausea and vomiting sensation occasionally. The recurrence of migraine could be frequent, depending on your physical health and stress levels.
- Treatment: Hot foot bath, cold packing on the throat and forehead and massage with OTC herbal oils can help relieve the pain in the left temple to certain extent. Mix one spoon of ginger with garlic and honey in one cup of hot water. Drink the mix regularly in the morning. This can eliminate the toxic elements from the intestine and liver. Clean digestive organs can reduce the probability of migraine considerably. If the pain becomes severe you need to consult your doctor and get the right kind of medicines.
- Prevention: As of today, there is no preventive care for migraine. You may opt for cold or warm press to reduce the intensity of pain. Avoiding stress can reduce the probability of migraine to certain level.
- Causes: Genetic disorder is said to be the main cause of cluster headache. Other than that we don’t have any specific cause. This pain is seems to be more common among men than in women.
- Symptoms: Severe pain in the left temple which can last for 30 to 90 minutes. You might experience the ache 2 to 3 times in a day. The pain usually lasts for couple of weeks before going away. Then you might not get the pain for the next few months before it returns.
- Treatment: You need to consult your doctor for the right kind of treatment. Cold and hot press on the forehead and temple areas can help in reducing the intensity of pain to certain extent.
- Prevention: As of today there are no successful preventive measures to keep you away from cluster headache.
- Causes: Aging is of the causes of arteritis caused by the inflammation of the artery. Medical science has not been able to determine the exact cause of the inflammation.
- Symptoms: Tender spots in the left temple are the main symptoms. Frequent pain followed by feeling of nausea and giddiness is observed in most of the aging persons.
- Treatment: You have to consult your doctor and get advice for the right medication and treatment. Cold and hot press can help reduce the pain to certain extent.
- Prevention: AS of today there are no known preventive measures for arteritis.
The other causes for pain in the left temple could be nummular, sinusitis, or even brain tumor. You need to consult your doctor and get yourself diagnosed completely. This will reveal the actual cause of the pain. Once the exact cause is known, it is easier for your doctor to administer