Written by Lisa Allen | Edited by Dr Mark Kapnoudhis
Laser treatment to skin is given during skin cancer, tumour removal, thyroid therapy and other serious and terminal diseases cure. It is effective in elimination of many symptoms associated with these diseases.
Preventive care treatments also make use of laser treatments. However the treatment can have short and long term side effects on the health, texture and tone of skin. Dehydration, impairment in skin oil levels, acne, scars and rashes, skin irritation and other allergic symptoms can develop in the skin layers.
The intensity of these allergic reactions depends on the nature of disease, duration of laser treatment, type of skin and its sensitiveness.
One of the most commonly used treatments using laser is the EFUDEX. It can leave the skin dry and scaly in texture. When the skin is left untreated by natural means of recovery methods it could lead to skin disorders like infections.
Skin Care After EFUDEX Treatment
1. Hydration is the first step you need to take towards skin protection procedures after EFUDEX treatment. The process has to keep the skin moist for long time without any side effects from EFUDEX.
Honey is a natural ingredient that helps in restoration of moisture to the upper layers of the skin.
Apply only pure honey all you’re your skin (optionally you may add 1 or 2 teaspoons of essential oils to dilute it). Let it soak yours skin for 30 to 40 minutes. Then you can wash it off with lukewarm water.
Similarly you can use milk, oatmeal. Rosewater or avocado oil for this purpose.
2. Removal of dead skin is another essential element for sensitive skin. If you let this layer grow, it can clog your skin pores, cause acne and lead to complicated skin infections.
Prepare a paste by adding 1 small cup of rose clay with 2 teaspoons of essential oil, 2 teaspoons of lemon syrup and 2 teaspoons of Aloe Vera liquid (for moisturizing).
Apply it all over your skin. Let it soak your skin until it becomes dry. Then you can wash it off with warm water shower.
3. Now you need to remove unwanted hair from your skin. You cannot shave, use wax or other chemical ingredients due to the sensitiveness of your skin. So you need to depend on organic solution.
By mixing equal proportions of sugar, corn syrup, ½ of lemon juice you can prepare a simple and effective hair remover at home. Mix these ingredients in a bowl and heat it until it becomes a thick paste. Let it cool till it is warm.
Apply it onto the skin areas from where you wish to remove unwanted hair and press it with the help of a cloth. When you peel the paste from your skin the unwanted hair will come out smoothly without any pain or irritation.
4. The next step is to tone your sensitive skin. Mix equal proportions of milk and honey with a peeled banana and blend well till it becomes a paste. Apply the paste all over your skin and let it soak for about 1 hour. Then you can wash it off with warm water.
5. Now you need to protect your skin from common infections and diseases by immunizing it. You can use Vitamin C serum liquid or gel for this purpose. Apply it all over your skin and let it soak your skin overnight. If you follow this procedure once a week regularly, your skin will stay protected.
6. Removal of dark spots and lightening of your sensitive skin can be done with the help of lemon syrup and peels of orange. Blend 1 cup of orange peels and 1/4th cup of lemon syrup concentrate. Heat it until it thickens to form syrup. Let it cool to room temperature. Then apply it all over your skin and let it soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash with warm water or take a shower.
Skin Care Treatment At Home Recipes
- Lavender oil recipe
Lavender oil recipe can be prepared with honey, milk and coconut oil. Add one teaspoon of lavender oil, two teaspoons of honey, and 1/4th cup of milk in a bowl. Mix well. Add one teaspoon of homemade ghee.
You need to heat the mix to moderate temperature. If the mix is getting too thicker you can add more milk to balance it. Cool the mix until it becomes a thick liquid. You must make sure that it does not turn into a paste.
Apply it all over your skin, especially on those parts that are prone to dryness. Let it soak your skin for about 20 to 30 minutes. Then you can wash it off with warm water.
This procedure needs to be repeated thrice a week. Your skin will start retaining moisture to considerable levels within a period of two weeks.
- Chamomile oil recipe
Chamomile oil has the essential ingredients for softening of dead cells from the top layer of your skin. By mixing it with apple cider vinegar and lemon syrup you will be able to scrub out dead cells and refresh your skin.
You need to take care while scrubbing as it may lead to skin injury. Use a mild form of scrub after making sure that your skin top layer has become soft enough. When dead skin cells are removed, the new skin cells will be able to hold onto moisture content well.
The recipe of chamomile oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon syrup can be prepared as follows.
- Another recipe
Add ½ cup of chamomile oil, three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 1/4th cup of lemon syrup in a bowl. Mix well. Add one teaspoon of Aloe Vera for anti inflammation and skin softening.
Apply it onto your skin and let it soak for about 15 minutes. Then use a gentle skin scrubber and scrub your skin.
After scrubbing for about 10 to 15 minutes you can wash your skin with warm water. Give special care to the skin on elbows, knees, legs and feet while applying the lotion and scrubbing.