When your skin reacts abnormally to slightest touch, it also means it is very sensitive to slightest changes in temperature, moisture, skin care products and other external elements.
The reaction from your skin can be mild or severe depending on the existing condition. The most common causes are said to be the internal disorders like intestine or liver infections, fever, blood transfusion etc. In all these cases the texture, tone, health and beauty of your skin gets affected negatively.
Since it is highly allergic to synthetic and chemicals you cannot use such products to bring relief. So the only probable method is through organic skin care. In this session you can read about the various procedures for protection and beautifying your sensitive skin to touch.
Skin Sensitive To Touch – Common Conditions
- Causes: Sunburn can cause dry skin which could be temporary in nature or it could be a persisting problem depending on the existing condition of our skin. Extreme weather conditions and other external factors also cause skin sensitiveness to touch. Dryness caused by them could be complex to cure.
- Symptoms: frequent irritation in the skin followed by appearance of rashes is the most common symptom. Allergy to toiletries including soap, shampoo and hair dyes can be another symptom. Exposure to sun causes severe irritation and pain in the skin layers.
- Treatment: Scrubbing your skin with combination of essential oils is one of the known treatments. This is required for taking out the dead skin and toxic elements from the top layer of your skin. Add half cup of sugar, coconut oil and olive oil with 2 teaspoons of lavender oil and Aloe Vera liquid in a bowl. Mix well and apply onto your skin. Apply an extra coat to areas exposed to pollution like face, hands and legs. Let the liquid soak your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes. Now scrub your skin gently for the next 10 minutes. Wash with cool water and dry with tissue paper with gentle scrub. It removes dead skin cells and extracts the toxic elements on your skin top layer
- Prevention: – Wear protective cloth while going out in the sun. Avoid allergic garments. Cotton is the most recommended cloth for hot seasons. Apply sunscreen frequently.
- Causes: Fungal infections can make your skin go dry and sensitive to touch. This can be due to the unhygienic environment in your home like the molds, wet walls, dust and fumes. Exposure to such environment can cause the development of infection.
- Symptoms: Frequent rashes with itching and irritation all over the skin. The symptoms are mainly observed in the skin areas exposed to external environment.
- Treatment: Mix neem oil combined with honey, essential oil and apple cider vinegar to form a liquid. Apply this liquid to skin areas affected by infection. The liquid needs to soak the skin for about 15 to 20 minutes after which you need to wash with warm water. Repeating this procedure for a period of 3 to 4 days can heal the skin from the symptoms of sensitiveness to touch.
- Prevention: Wash your skin regularly with need water. Avoid exposure to infectious environment. Avoid skin irritating clothing and switch over to cotton clothes while the children are out playing. Natural sunscreen made from the combination of Neem oil, castor oil and Aloe Vera in equal proportions could help in eliminating the infectious bacteria protecting your skin. Skin hygiene is the main factor which can prevent many of the skin irritating elements from staying for a long time on your skin surface. Foods rich in Vitamin C, E and K should be able to provide skin immunity.
- Causes: Dry skin is a condition in which the cells and tissues are unable to absorb or retain the required levels of water and fluids in them. This condition can quickly lead to sensitiveness to touch. Normal activities of skin like oil balancing, impurities elimination and electrical pulse communication between the skin and other vital body organs get affected.
- Symptoms: Frequent scaling of the upper skin layer is a common symptom. This happens mainly in the lips, ears, face and the forearm. Allergic conditions to certain types of fabrics like nylon, polyester and synthetic material is the other symptom.
- Treatment: Take one cup of Epson salt with ½ cup of sea salt in a bowl. You need to add two teaspoons of peppermint oil, 5 drops of essential oil like lavender oil, one teaspoon of eucalyptus oil and one teaspoon of coconut oil and mix them well by constant stirring. Add one cup of hot water and stir till the salts dissolve. The liquid might appear oily due to the ingredients. Wash your face with this liquid or rinse a cotton cloth in this liquid and massage your skin with it for about 10 minutes. Then you can wash with plain cool water. Take a tissue paper and scrub your skin gently with it. You can observe the tissue paper change its colour. It is due to the removal of dirt and dead skin from your skin surface. Repeat this procedure twice a week to keep your facial skin clean. The symptom of sensitiveness to touch will also reduce gradually.
- Prevention: You can prepare an herbal skin wash with honey, apple cider vinegar, ginger, cardamom oil and Neem leaves. Boil 1 cup of water in a bowl and add handful of neem leaves. Keep the flame moderate and wait till the Neem leaves extracts are released into water. Take out the bowl from heater. Add one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, 5 grams of crushed ginger and 1 teaspoon of cardamom oil. Heat the ingredients for another 2 minutes in low flame. Cool the liquid to lukewarm temperature. Dip a small hand towel into the liquid, lie down comfortably and spread it on your facial skin. Let it soak your face for about 10 minutes.