Written by Lisa Allen | Edited by Dr Mark Kapnoudhis
Acne! The word itself can cause an immense cringe to form around your face. You despise it. So do we!
If you’re suffering from acne, you’ve probably tried and tested a lot of different solutions for it. From your grandma’s secret honey blend, to OTC medications that claim to solve all your problems. But nothing really has worked, has it?
We understand that problem a little too well. And so we set about to finding the best acne treatment products 2018 and compiled the below list for you.
What we’ve done here is find a list of the best-selling, highly reviewed acne treatment solutions in the market and performed a single page analysis of them all. Read on to see if you can find something that is ideal for you.
Table of Contents
TOP 5: Best Acne Treatment Products 2018 – A Comparison
Treating pimples can be a hassle. As they start appearing, they become a sore sport on your face on their own. However, if left untreated, they continue to grow and can cover most of your face. When they swell up and pop, they leave a nasty scar behind that looks all the more worse.
This is the primary reason that you should nip this outbreak right in the bud. And we’re here to help you with that.
Below, you’ll find some of the most amazing acne remedies in the market, that can make your zit problem disappear, as if there never were any. So, you’re subjected to no more comments from friends and colleagues, no more scars and no more hassle. All you have is beautiful skin, that you can be proud of.
Our Top Picks
- Exposed Skin Care – Read Our Review | Buy Now
- ClearPores – Read Our Review | Buy Now
- Acnezine – Read Our Review | Buy Now
- Neutrogena Acne Therapy – Read Our Review | Buy Now
- Proactiv (only in UK) – Read Our Review | Buy Now
1. Exposed Skin Care
Exposed Skin Care is an advanced skin care system which is designed to cleanse your skin to get rid of all that acne-causing bacteria. It makes your skin feel fresh and clear of all impurities.
Exposed Skin Care was founded in Seattle in the year 2002, and more than 100,000 people have benefitted from their products.
Exposed Skin Care has a wide range of ingredients used in the manufacture of its products which makes it one of the top choices for acne treatment.
- Benzoyl Peroxide – Benzoyl Peroxide works to destroy acne-causing bacteria inside the pores of your skin. It also eliminates the mixture of sebum and dead-skin cells to keep your skin clear of acne.
- Salicylic Acid – Salicylic Acid is also a kind of exfoliant which helps in removing dead skin cells from the pores of your skin. Salicylic acid also reduces the size of pores so as to reduce inflammation and soothe the affected area.
- Additional spa quality natural ingredients such as green tea, licorice root, and passion flower help in giving you healthy, glowing skin.
Packaging & Pricing
Exposed Skin Care can be ordered at official website, and they are available in the form of three kits among other options. You can choose the variant you want based on your requirements.
- Basic Kit (5-Piece) – This kit consists of five different products: Facial Cleanser, Clearing Tonic, Acne Treatment Serum, Clear Pore Serum, and a Derm-X cloth all of which will last you 60 days. The basic kit contains one of each of the products listed above, and you also get a free Exposed Skin Care membership. The price of the basic kit is $49.95.
- Expanded Kit (6-Piece) – The expanded kit includes six products inside: Facial Cleanser, Clearing Tonic, Acne Treatment Serum, Clear Pore Serum, Moisture Complex, and a Derm-X cloth. Buying this kit guarantees that you have acne-free skin for 60 days. The price of the expanded kit is $59.95.
- Ultimate Kit (9-Piece) – The ultimate kit consists of nine high-quality skin-care products: Facial Cleanser, Clearing Tonic, Acne Treatment Serum, Clear Pore Serum, Derm-X cloth, Moisture Complex, Microderm Scrub, Clarifying Mask, and a Probiotic Complex. The whole kit is available for a price of $94.95!
Pros & Cons
Since every product has its share of pros and cons, we have included this section to inform you about not only the upsides, but also the downsides of using each product.
As you can see, when it comes to Exposed Skin Care products, the pros clearly outweigh the cons!
Established in 2006, ClearPores has been a major player in the field of acne treatment products. ClearPores has become a household name with their easy to use products.
ClearPores’s products balance out the properties of your skin to make it glow.
ClearPores has a steadily growing list of consumer base. ClearPores is recommended by lots of healthcare professionals in the field of dermatology.
- Isopropyl Palmitate – Isopropyl Palmitate is a colorless, odorless liquid which is derived from coconut oil. Using it as an ingredient makes sure that your skin is always moisturized and hydrated.
- Ulmaria Root Extract – It is a natural product which contains salicylic acid, which in turn helps keep acne in check.
- Propylene Glycol – Propylene Glycol ensures that all the active ingredients penetrate your skin to provide nourishment to the applied area.
- Glyceryl Stearate – It is one of the many herbal ingredients used in ClearPores products. It keeps your skin fresh, hydrated, and moisturized.
Packaging & Pricing
ClearPores Facial System is designed to keep acne at bay so that your skin remains youthful and smooth. You can purchase this kit at official website at the best prices, what with all the offers available.
The ClearPores Facial System is comprised of three products mainly: Deep Facial Wash, Herbal Supplement, and Facial Protection Cream.
- 1 Month Price – The price of a one-month order is $64.95.
- 2 Months Price – You can save 10% on the overall price if you order two months’ worth of products. The price is $119.95.
- 3 Months Price – The price of an order for three months is $169.95. Which means that you can save 25% on the original price.
- 4 Months Price – If you choose to order four months’ worth of ClearPores Facial System, the price is $219.95. That is 40% off on the original price.
- 5 Months Price – The price of a five-month order is $269.95 which means that you can save upto 55% on the original price.
Pros and cons
Since ClearPores utilizes many herbal products, there aren’t many complaints regarding the quality of the product. However, you can check out whatever has been reported against it by its consumers.
But first, pros.
What makes Acnezine different from other acne treatment products is that it treats acne both from the inside and the outside.
Revitol’s Acnezine uses plant-based ingredients which eliminates the possibility of side-effects.
Acnezine, founded in 2002, is a known name in the world of trusted beauty products.
- Benzoyl Peroxide – Acne-causing bacteria thrives on Oxygen. Benzoyl Peroxide helps in cutting off the supply of Oxygen to harmful bacteria as a result of which acne is reduced.
- Lemon Peel Oil – Lemon peel oil contains citric acid which helps in containing acne-causing bacteria.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil is anti-microbial in nature which is used in clearing up the skin.
- Witch Hazel – Due to its astringent properties, it reduces the size of skin pores. This in turn reduces the chances of acne.
Packaging & Pricing
Acnezine Acne Treatment Cream is available in a variety of packages to suit your requirements. You can buy them at official website.
- Buy 1 Bottle – This will last you a month, and will cost you $48.00.
- Buy 2 Bottles, Get 1 Free – Priced at $79.90, the 3 bottles will last you 3 months.
- Buy 3 Bottles, Get 2 Free – This is so far the highest-selling package from Acnezine. 5 bottles are priced at $119.85.
Pros and Cons
Weight out the pros and cons, and see for yourself if this is the product for you.
4. Neutrogena Acne Therapy
The success of a product is defined by the number of people who use it. If that was the only criteria, Neutrogena Acne Therapy would be the best acne treatment product in the world.
The quality of products at Neutrogena is the reason why healthcare professionals all over the world recommend it. Added to that, Neutrogena provides you with a wide range of products to treat your acne.
Neutrogena acne therapy products make sure that you have a healthy, glowing skin so that you can radiate confidence.
- Benzoyl Peroxide – Benzoyl Peroxide is the active ingredient used by Neutrogena to battle acne. This ingredient removes dead skin cells from your pores to keep them clean and healthy. There are many benefits of using Benzoyl Peroxide as an active ingredient in acne therapy products. One of them is that Benzoyl Peroxide is FDA-approved, and it is harmless.
- Salicylic Acid – Due to Salicylic Acid’s antibacterial and drying properties, it is used in Neutrogena’s acne therapy products to give your skin the much-needed cleanliness.
- Octisalate – Octisalate is an organic compound which is used in sunscreens to protect your sensitive skin from harsh sun’s rays. It is also an anti-aging ingredient which helps in keeping your skin youthful.
Packaging & Pricing
Neutrogena Acne Therapy products can be purchased at official website. The Complete Acne Therapy System is one of the most recommended products among dermatologists. This kit is fairly affordable; it is priced at $23.99.
Neutrogena’s Complete Acne Therapy System comprises of three main products: the skin polishing acne cleanser, the oil-free SPF 15 lotion, and the acne control lotion. All these three products serve different purposes to give you an all-round acne protection.
- The Skin Polishing Acne Cleanser employs Salicylic Acid as its active ingredient which helps in cleaning your skin pores of all dead cells. Its primary purpose is to clean away all impurities like acne and oil.
- The Oil-Free SPF 15 Lotion is designed for use where you want to protect yourself from the sun’s UV rays.
- The Acne Control Lotion is to be applied exactly before sleep because it keeps acne in check throughout the night preventing acne breakouts over the course of the night.
These three products help you in fighting acne over the course of the day. Their specialized properties have aided millions of people in combating acne.
Pros and Cons
As for all products, there are pros and cons. Neutrogena’s Complete Acne Therapy System is no exception, but in this case the pros clearly outweigh the cons. Let’s look at the pros first.
Now, let’s take a look at the cons.
The cons of Neutrogena’s Complete Acne Therapy System aren’t really cons if you consider them. There are very few acne treatment products which are this effective! Consult your doctor if possible to find out if this is the best acne treatment product for you.
5. Proactiv (only in UK)
Proactiv is one of the most popular acne treatment products available on the market right now. Proactiv employs a unique Smart Target Technology which is specific in targeting skin pores to fight acne.
Proactiv skin care products also include special ingredients to hydrate your skin so that it always looks fresh!
There are over 20 million happy Proactiv customers all over the world, and you have tons of reasons to be a part of their growing customer base.
- Salicylic Acid – When dead cells get accumulated over your skin pores, they can cause acne. Salicylic Acid helps in cleaning up the dead skin cells to unclog your pores and keep it healthy.
- Glycolic Acid – Widely used as an exfoliant, glycolic acid and salicylic acid help in eliminating dead skin cells to keep your skin luminous.
- Sulphur – When your skin gets too oily, your skin may get inflamed. Sulphur helps in removing excess oils. It also eliminates any blemishes or redness on your skin.
All the ingredients used in Proactiv products are FDA-approved.
Packaging & Pricing
You can purchase Proactiv on official website at discounted prices to save up on your money. Proactiv gives access to clear skin plans each of which comprises of different products to target specific skin conditions.
They also assure you a 60-day money-back guarantee which means that you can get a refund on your products even after 2 months from the date of purchase.
- 30 Day Basic Clear Skin Plan – This plan comprises of a 3-step system: cleanse, clear, hydrate. The products included in this kit are Skin Smoothing Exfoliator (60ml), Pore Targeting Treatment (30ml), and a Complexion Perfecting Hydrator (30ml). This kit will cost you £24.99.
- 30 Day Complete Clear Skin Plan – Buying the Complete Clear Skin Plan gives you all the benefits of the Basic Clear Skin Plan plus Toner and Mark Fading Pads. This plan is ideal for facial breakouts, and you can avail it on Proactiv’s official website for just £29.99.
- 30 Day Basic One-off Kit – This kit is strictly for those who want to use it only once. It includes a Skin Smoothing Exfoliator (60ml), Pore Targeting Treatment (30ml), and Complexion Perfecting Hydrator (30ml). The 30 Day Basic One-off Kit is priced at £44.99.
Pros and Cons
It is imperative to know the overall effects of a product before buying it since every product tends to have both positive and negative effects. Thankfully, Proactiv skin-care products do not have many faults in them.
Proactive has been the leader of acne treatment companies for the last decade. Join their bandwagon if you want some impressive results!
How To Get Rid Of Acne Faster?
Acne is one of the biggest problems teenagers face today. The sheer number of people who are affected by acne makes it one of the deadliest enemies of natural beauty.
You cannot just defeat acne in a day. It takes a lot of time to get rid of it, and there are lots of things you can do to speed up the process. Check out the tips listed below:
- Washing your face twice a day helps keep dead skin cells out of your pores which is the major reason for the formation of acne.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your system hydrated so that whatever impurities there are in your body keep getting replaced by fresh fluids from time to time.
- Taking meals consistently at regular time intervals will keep your system balanced.
- Avoid going out into the sun as much as possible. The sun’s UV rays negatively impact your skin.
- Avoid touching your face a lot. Over the course of an average day, you touch many things which have bacteria on them. When you touch your face, you transfer that bacteria onto your face.