Written by Jessie Allen
Glutathione is an amino acid that exists in plants and animals, and is crucial in the cells as an antioxidant.
In humans, this amino acid is made in the liver, where it is an antioxidant, toxin neutralizer and protecting internal cells. The main ingredients the body use to make glutathione are Vitamins C and E.
Before you try to find more of glutathione skin whitening soap review, here are a few things you need to know.
Table of Contents
Causes Of Low Glutathione Levels
While it is available naturally, as the levels of glutathione decreases in the body, signs of aging starts to show. Things that can cause your glutathione level to decrease could be:
- Smoking can reduce levels of glutathione available to stop aging. As cigarettes contain many harmful and oxidative particles, the amino acid will prevent damage to the body, reducing the amount available for other purposes.
- Alcohol causes liver damage, the liver produces most of the glutathione in the body. Less glutathione will be created to defend the body from oxidative stress.
- Diet is important in levels of glutathione. Vitamin C is mainly from fresh fruits, while Vitamin E is an oil soluble vitamin. A poor diet that is full of processed food may mean the body has no building blocks for synthesis.
Glutathione Whitening Pills
For you who are into anti-aging and skin whitening, you can purchase glutathione pills to be taken internally. Glutathione pills works to:
- Stop activation melanin via inhibition of tyrosinase, which makes makes skin darker. Melanin is a pigment that shields the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Stop free radicals as an antioxidant, to stop triggering other pathways towards production of melanin.
The whitening pills need to be taken consistently, and studies show that it takes around four weeks to start having an effect. If you have troubles remembering to take your tablet, or you are not a fan of ingesting pills, then you can opt for glutathione soap.
As this is an amino acid, glutathione is suitable for everyone, and is generally safe to use. More importantly, this amino acid does appear in food, but not in high levels as it will oxidize when food is cooked or during preparation. Hence, supplementing with tablets is an effective way to increase concentration of glutathione in your body.
Glutathione Skin Whitening Soap Review
For those who are not keen on the oral route, you can still try using glutathione for skin whitening by using the soap. You would use it to clean almost like a normal soap, with extra benefits such as:
- Lightening of dark spots, hyperpigmentation and scars.
- Making skin look brighter and more youthful.
- Improves texture of the skin.
Most soap makers recommend a twice daily use on places that you want to target for fair skin. A lot of users reviewed that there are differences before and after glutathione cleansing, mainly a positive effect brightened skin.
Maintenance Regime With Skin Bleaching Soap
With soap, you have to be mindful of a few issues when using it. Mainly due to its unique properties, there are certain habits you need to develop to maintain fair skin after you achieve it.
- Use SPF 30 and above sunscreen regularly, even if the UV is not strong. As your melanin levels are low, your skin will look fairer. The downside is that the UV rays can penetrate into your skin cells easily, and cause premature aging and cancer.
- Invest in good moisturizer as most soap formulation can be drying on the skin. If you have been using it on the face and hands, they will be more exposed to pollutants, hence you need protective products that will return and retain moisture to the skin.
- Buying from reputable sellers and be consistent. This soap is not cheap, and sometimes it is tempting to look for alternative brands that may be cheaper. It is not advisable as the market is flooded with counterfeits that will harm your skin.
- Certain formulation contains AHA or lactic acid, these are exfoliating ingredients, hence you should avoid other scrubs and harsh chemicals on the skin while using this soap.
Glutathione Soap Best Alternative: Meladerm
While glutathione wash is a great way to lighten pigmentation. Even though it is an effective way towards fair skin, it is not for everyone for various reasons.
- The recommended use is twice a day, but not everyone showers twice a day. This could be due to cost, availability of time and space.
- Some formulations dissolve much quicker than others, can the cost can add up when you have to repurchase the bar often.
- Soap can be harsh on sensitive skin, doing more harm than good.
- Difficult to travel with bars of soap, as it is hard to store after first use. Plus housekeeping may discard it while you are out.
Hence, using skin whitening creams like Meladerm is more practical for various reasons. Aside from it being travel friendly, Meladerm wins over soap in some areas such as:
- No need to rinse off, all you need to do it massage it into your skin and go on with life.
- It has research to prove that Meladerm is sensitive skin friendly, and it is not harsh on sensitive skin.
- The airless dispensing technology gives you a proper amount with each pump, less product down the drain.
The Superior Skin Whitening Product
You may still need to practice the maintenance regime like you do with the soap, as Meladerm is as effective as glutathione in lightening dark spots and removing hyperpigmentation. And like the amino acid, Meladerm contains:
- Antioxidants such as Emblica fruit extract and Vitamin C.
- Anti- aging agents Matrikine-Ceramide 2 and Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 that stops wrinkles forming and smooths out fine lines.
- Vitamin K for fading dark circles. It also has rice bran and soybean protein to combat puffy eye bags. An added advantage over glutathione cleanser or pill.
- Natural skin brighteners such as licorice, kojic acid and Vitamin B3.
- Natural skin lighteners such as bearberry, mulberry, arbutin and other plant extracts.
Meladerm cream is backed by ten years of research, and it comes with a thirty- day guarantee if you purchase it from its online stores. This is the best advantage it has, a testament to its effectiveness in giving you fair and flawless skin in three weeks.
So, what do you think about our Glutathione Soap review? Would you buy this product or not? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!