Written by Lisa Allen | Edited by Dr Mark Kapnoudhis
A fat knee can not only you look shorter, it is adding stress to the joints. Having fat knees affects the way you dress, you might be afraid of wearing swim suits or short pants. If you are suffering from this problem, question like: “how to get rid of knee fat without surgery” might be high on your list.
It’s not everything. If you are an owner of the flabby thighs and chubby knees, you are also at higher risk of knee injury. As the fat accumulates around the joints, this puts undue stress and will wear them out quicker. When the joints give, you might need a knee replacement surgery.
What Are The Causes Of Fat Knees
The main reason is age, where the fat tissues slowly accumulate around the thighs and inner knee throughout the years. When you realize that your knee is proportionally fatter than the rest of you, it may have been sitting there for a while.
Additionally, hormonal issues are a common cause of fat around the knees. In females, pregnancy is a culprit: the fat gets forced away from the hips and tummy for the baby, and it settles lower down at the knees.
If you have a sit- down job, you are more likely to have less muscles around your legs and knees. That can also cause that area to store fat, as you have less muscles to burn off the excess energy and fat around the area.
Knee Fat Removal
Liposuction offers a quick and easy way to remove the fat around the knees and inner thigh. However, it is costly and you have to satisfy a few criteria to be eligible for the procedure:
- You have to be a healthy person with no medical conditions
- You weight around your healthy body weight, or not more that 10 kilograms (around 25 pounds) of ideal body weight.
- Some surgeons only consider those who are psychologically and physiologically stable.
Liposuction can be an invasive method to remove fat, the results are also not guaranteed. In addition, the skin around the knees will sag after the surgery, and would take around six months to tighten. Plus there is a risk of your knees looking uneven after the procedure, as well as scarring and infection.
Exercises For Knee Fat
Exercise is a great way to remove inner knee fat, despite research says that you cannot spot reduce fat areas. Fortunately, you can increase muscles mass around the legs, which will help you look more toned as the fat slowly gets burned off by new muscles.
For better results, perform the exercise while wearing compression pants. Compression pants help keep the blood circulation going, and reduce rubbing and chafing. You should perform this exercises at least three times a week, in sets of three:
- You can perform front, back and side lunges to get that muscle building. For beginners, avoid using weights and keep a good posture. You can hold the lunge as a stretch, which loosens the muscles to avoid injury, especially when you are starting out. As you progress, you can use weights or jumping lunges.
- Climbing up the stairs is a good way to work those legs. If you work or live in a place with stairs, this is the exercise to try. First walk up slowly to get used to the routine, and once you are comfortable with the climb you can run up and down the stairs.
- Walk, jog and sprint is a trio of exercise that you can do. Starting out with brisk walking, you can slowly graduate to short jogs and sprints as your stamina strengthens. Sprinting is a more effective way to build lean muscle, but it requires you to work on jogging muscles as well.
- Gym equipments that help build muscle mass to lose knee fat are the stairs- stepper, treadmill and cycling machine. Put a steeper incline when using the treadmill to train your legs, and do sprints on the cycling machine.
If you are suffering from knee pain, opt for low impact exercises such as lunges and cycling machine. Leg exercises can get rid of fat around knees, particularly when you do it consistently. Those who have flabby thighs can add squats into the set.
How To Get Rid Of Knee Fat
Aside from exercises, you should also control your energy input. Opting for lower calorie options, or swapping high fat foods with high protein foods will help you reduce the fat getting to your knees.
It might be difficult, particularly when you are starting to make these changes, for you to see any results. Fortunately, you can use dietary supplements like Phen375 to aid you in your journey to skinny legs.
Phen375 is formulated and made in an FDA approved facility, using high quality base ingredients. These active substances that can help you lose fat are:
- L- Carnitine, which helps move fat stores into the muscles, becoming a fuel source when you exercise.
- Caffeine to reduce appetite and increase your fat burning metabolism. It serves to increase your high rate a little to boost metabolic rate.
- Forskolin makes your muscle more efficient, by stimulating production of cyclic AMP to make more energy. This is particularly helpful during jogging and sprinting exercises.
- Citrus aurantium to help you lose weight by increasing metabolism, and it can also reduce your appetite.
- Cayenne pepper raises your temperature a little, so that you can burn more body fat when you are taking this supplement.
To help make your lose fat quicker, Phen375 recommends taking a tablet twenty minutes before breakfast and lunch everyday. During the period of weight loss, you should drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins, and to keep yourself hydrated. It will take around three months to see a difference in your body, with all the exercise and new lifestyle.
Phen375 is a helpful tool to lose weight, its recommendations include exercising and changing your dietary choices. With persistence and patience, you will be rewarded with beautiful, slim looking legs.